- Do not leave the ink cartridge out of the Pixma MX490 for more than ten minutes. Ignoring this can cause serious damage.
- The Canon MX490 ink cartridge is extremely sensitive and needs to be handled with care. If it is left out of its packaging for too long, it can lead to the ink drying up. Once removed from the package, please replace it at once.
- All ink cartridges must be replaced to make sure your printer works properly.
- Used cartridges can result in clogging of the nozzles which can damage the ink level detection mechanism. Hence, it’s important to change them out with new ones regularly.
- Refrain from touching the electrical contacts of the cartridges.
- Take extra precautions about ink stains and spillage while replacing the cartridges.
By following the steps we have mentioned in this post, you will be able to replace the Canon MX490 ink cartridges on your own. We have also shared the precautions you must take before attempting to replace the ink cartridges.
Hopefully, you will find this guide useful. If you still face issues replacing your ink, you should think about contacting professionals.
You can also checkout here – canon mx490 driver